The Sneeboer border spade has a smaller, lighter head than many of the models I've tried over the years and I find it easier to use for extended periods because its not heavy or cumbersome in a crowded border. The handle is not too short either, which is often a problem when a tool is made smaller as a "ladies" version.
It is perfectly proportioned and exceptionally well-balanced; strong because it is hand-forged from one piece of steel and not welded together from multiple pieces. A treat to use and a highly recommended tool to have in your gardening kit!
How to care for Sneeboer Tools:
- Width of head: 5.9" (15 cm)
- Length of head: 9" (23 cm)
- Length of regular handle: 35.4" (90 cm)
- Length of extended handle: (100 cm)
- Total length: 43" (110 cm) or 47" (120 cm)
- Material of handle: Ash wood
- Weight: 3.75 lbs (1.7 kg)
The Sneeboer family has been making garden tools for over 100 years. Sneeboer tools are beautifully designed and built for maximum strength and utility - the heads are hand-forged from one piece of stainless steel and they are fitted with ash handles from FSC-certified forests.