Have you heard the old gardener’s adage? One year’s seeding equals ten years’ weeding! It's so important to get those annual weeds before they go to seed. If you don't, the problem just compounds year on year.
A scuffle-type hoe is so useful for this task, particularly in spring when new growth is coming on fast - its a real time saver to get annual weeds under control before they go to seed and become a much bigger problem.
The design of the Royal Dutch Hoe is unique to Sneeboer Tools, with teeth on the front of the blade and a hook on the reverse to provide more options for weed removal.
- easily loosens compacted soil
- the teeth can be used to chop or dig
- the hook can be used to drag plant material back towards you (so you don't have to walk through the bed)
- it's not sharp on the sides so that you won't unintentionally damage surrounding plant material.
This hoe has an extra long shaft and a unique grip that allows you to cover larger areas by sliding it back and forth across the soil. If used correctly, it should require very little effort to use this tool.
Extra bonus - it only weighs 900g, making it lighter than a standard dutch hoe and easier to use and maneuver. Now also available as a hand tool - Royal Dutch Hand Hoe.
As with all of Sneeboer’s long-handled tools, the extra length means that tall folks can use the tool standing upright, and this translates to less back ache after a hoeing session!
Shortlisted for RHS Chelsea Flower Show Product of the Year 2013.
- width of head: 5” (12.5cm)
- length of head: 4.75” (12cm)
- length of handle: 57” (145cm)
- total length: 65” (165cm)
- material of handle: ash wood
- weight: 2lbs (0.9kg)
The Sneeboer family has been making garden tools for over 100 years. Sneeboer tools are beautifully designed and built for maximum strength and utility - the heads are hand-forged from one piece of stainless steel and they are fitted with ash handles from FSC-certified forests.