This mini folding saw is ultra light and easy to tote around. The carbon steel blade cuts on the pull stroke and can manage small branches up to 4"/10cm in diameter.
It has a tapered beechwood handle and features a safety ring that locks the blade in the open and closed positions - so there need never be mishaps involving slipping blades.
Carbon steel has greater overall strength than other types of steel but has a low resistance to corrosion. It will likely develop a patina (many Opinel fans seek this unique feature of their carbon steel blades) and may rust without a little extra care.
Opinel has been crafting and manufacturing knives and tools in Chambery, France for over 130 years.
- length: 12" (30cm)
- blade length: 4.75" (12cm)
- weight: 5oz (140g)
- XC 90 carbon steel
- DO NOT leave carbon steel blades wet or damp.
- Hand dry immediately after each use before closing
- Humidity may cause corrosion: store your carbon blade in a dry environment.
- Avoid cutting acidic foods and oil your blade to prevent a patina.
- Do not immerse your saw in water, as this could warp the wooden handle.
- Oil the handle after cleaning.