Silky Pocketboys are a key piece of my basic gardening kit - so compact and so convenient, they fit neatly and unobtrusively into pockets, pouches, or holsters.
This red-handled model has extra large teeth, designed to be used primarily on green wood - this makes it great for garden renos and site clearing, hiking and camping too!
Unlike western saws that cut on the push stroke, Japanese saws cut on the pull so there's less chance of the blade jumping. Also makes for a cleaner, finer cut with a lot less effort.
Each Pocketboy has a colour-coded handle associated with the teeth configuration:
- Blue is for hard wood & bamboo (fine-tooth)
- Black is for soft wood & most pruning jobs (medium-tooth).
- Red is for green, new growth wood (large-tooth).
- 6.75" (170mm) blade
- 7 teeth/inch, 5.6 teeth/30mm
- cuts on the pull stroke
- flip-lock case with belt clip included
- replacement blades available
- rust-resistant, chrome-plated blade resists the effects of tree resin and easily wipes clean
- made in Japan