This one is for my florist friends. Mossing Twine is super handy for creating moss frames, wreath-making and bundling bouquets: it is spooled onto a cardboard cylinder and unspools from the outside, making it easy to hold in one hand while wrapping a single length of twine around and around stems, plants and frames.
It is intended to be used in a similar fashion to florist's wire but, unlike wire or polyester twine, jute twine is 100% biodegradable and safe to compost. When your arrangement or wreath fades, toss the whole bundle on the compost heap without a second thought!
In the garden, I prefer natural jute twine because I think it blends in with foliage and stems best and is more invisible; but some folks prefer the green! Want something more colourful? Check out the Florists' Twine which is also spooled onto a cardboard cylinder.
Nutscene jute twine is thick, strong and unspools without tangles. It's the best! Produced and manufactured in Scotland since 1922. Harvested from renewable resources and 100% biodegradable and safe to compost.
- 3-ply Jute Twine
- "Natural" spool length is 164ft (50m)
- "Green" spool length is 246ft (75m)
- cardboard centre, twine unspools from the outside
- soft and pliable; doesn't cut into plant stems
- store in dry conditions and out of sunlight (colours will fade)
- jute is a vegetable fibre grown from the genus Corchorus