Available in 2 sizes (use the drop down option)
A key piece of my basic gardening kit. These Silky Pocketboys are compact and so convenient, fitting neatly and unobtrusively into pockets, pouches, or holsters.
I carry the 170mm in my Tool Belt year-round so I so can deal with small pruning jobs as I go. Eliminates the run back and forth to the truck or the shed. Or the need to haul around your loppers.
My go-to has been the Pocketboy 170mm (7") blade with medium teeth – excellent for most pruning jobs that we encounter in our day-to-day maintenance rounds.
We also offer a couple of other Pocketboy options, the 130mm (5") blade being one of them. It is even easier to tuck it into a pocket or pouch. The shorter blade fits more easily in between crowded, congested branches - a really useful feature for renovative shrub pruning.
Both sizes have a comfortable, easy-to-grip rubbery handle and a 2-position blade-locking system.
Unlike western saws that cut on the push stroke, Japanese saws cut on the pull so there's less chance of the blade jumping, making for a cleaner/finer cut with a lot less effort.
Each Pocketboy has a colour-coded handle associated with the teeth configuration:
- Blue is for hard wood & bamboo (fine-tooth)
- Black is for soft wood & most pruning jobs (medium-tooth)
- Red is for young, green wood; good in the bush (large-tooth)
Holster tip: The 170mm models fit neatly into the back sleeve of the Niwaki double holster during winter pruning season. Secateurs in the front and you're all set!
- 170 has a 6.75" (170 mm) blade
- 130 has a 5" (130 mm) blade
- 8.5 teeth/inch, 10 teeth/30 mm
- cuts on the pull stroke
- flip-lock case with belt clip included
- replacement blades available
- rust-resistant, chrome-plated blade resists the effects of tree resin and easily wipes clean
- made in Japan