This larger Opinel folding saw is super handy and efficient. It has a tapered beechwood handle and is equipped with a safety that hook that locks the blade in the open position.
The carbon steel blade cuts on the pull stroke and can manage branches up to 5.75"/12cm in diameter.
Carbon steel has greater overall strength than other types of steel but has a low resistance to corrosion. It will likely develop a patina (many Opinel fans seek this unique feature of their carbon steel blades) and may rust without a little extra care.
Replacement blades are available for this model.
Opinel has been crafting and manufacturing knives and tools in Chambery, France for over 130 years.
- length: 16 x 4" (41 x 10cm)
- blade length: 8" (20cm)
- weight: 1lb (0.4kg)
- XC 90 carbon steel
- DO NOT leave carbon steel blades wet or damp.
- Hand dry immediately after each use before closing
- Humidity may cause corrosion: store your carbon blade in a dry environment.
- Avoid cutting acidic foods and oil your blade to prevent a patina.
- Do not immerse your saw in water, as this could warp the wooden handle.
- Oil the handle after cleaning.